Thursday, May 31, 2012

wxGUI for PLLEditor compiled... whoot

I have finally sucked up enough pain to continue converting the GUI over to wxWidgets.  This has been an on-going distraction for a couple of years.  Today I got it to build!

This opens the door for cross platform and disentangling myself from WinForms.  (They were much better than MFC but the current state of C++/CLI makes WinForms a really bad future bet.  But that Rant is for another time and place.

Suffice to say that I have a scratch GUI building in Visual C++ over wxWidgets 2.9.3 using wxFormBuilder as the GUI editor. 

I finally feel like I can make progress without digging myself into a deeper hole (WinForms...) now I'm digging upward. 

It will take a huge amount of time and energy to convert all the winforms code back to clean C++ but having decided on a GUI toolkit... its now possible.  (Sorry QT it was never meant to be)

Progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment