Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting PLL to build on my new machine - Help N Doc Update Step

Just need to get my help project to compile... but naturally my license has run out for the help compiler.  Online purchase.... print invoice, lodge expense claim  20 min later.... Download new version. Install... etc etc etc.

Got to add Help n doc to the path.  Restart visual studio to pick up the change.

Now I just have to re-create the custom build rule for the help project. Looks like it converted this time.... its working... its working.....

Naturally it threw an error while trying to generate the pdf help file.... Seriously... can I catch a break?  Can one thing just fucking work?

Delete the existing file?  Nope.
Change the target name?  Nope.

Go and try one of the other help projects in a different project.... even more errors with this.

Unhandled exceptions
CHM Template didnt generate any HHP project file... choaking.
An error occured while starting the PDF generator. Make sure the file is not in use.???
Kindle generator could not be found (Since I don't have one... I can probably explain this error)
.....

Basically the only bit that worked with my new smelling help compiler is the epub version.... not fucking impressed.

Log a bug report with the company and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment