Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Getting PLL to build on my new machine

This is the bit I really hate about waking up a project after a bit of a break.  Things have changed.  Over christmas I finally accepted that I needed to upgrade my computer ( the old one had struggled along for a while and been fixed and bandaged together... )

So everything changed. OS went from WinXP sp3 32bit Pro to Win7 64bit Pro.  Had to update to VS2010 and move everything into SVN repos for the move to the new Hard disks.  (The fact that I ended up keeping one of the old disks turned out to be a bit of a save.  But the other rotten disk, containing all my libraries and a rotting pile of code and disk rot... when to the scrap pile.

So, now I need to bring one of my big projects out of hibernation... which means updates for all the tools packages and dependencies.... AHHHH

The next couple of blog posts will document the process.  (Like anyone cares.)



No comments:

Post a Comment